Icon of the Synaxis of the Most Holy Theotokos

Icon of the Synaxis of the Most Holy Theotokos from the collection of the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow. It was painted in the late 14th – early 15th century. This icon is the earliest surviving icon of this type in Russia. It comes from the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God in Pskov, where it was preserved after being transported from the Church of Barbara, a wooden church of the former women’s monastery that burned down in 1561.


Popular Posts